Is It Legal?
As marijuana legalization is gaining momentum in the USA, many people wonder if buying cannabis oil online is legal.
The answer is, it depends on a US state you live in. If your state has legally approved cannabis for medical or recreational use, then you can legally purchase cannabis oil from online vendors.
However, there is an alternative solution for people who live in states where cannabis is still illegal. You can buy cannabidiol (CBD) oil made from hemp extracts that provides the same benefits without getting high.
Cannabis Oil vs. CBD Oil
People often think that cannabis and CBD oils are all the same, which is not entirely accurate. Cannabis oil production typically depends on extracts from marijuana, which usually contains a higher level of THC (tetrahydrocannabinol). CBD oil has a very small amount THC and is made from stems, stalks, and leaves of the hemp plant.
THC makes you high, and most regulations and rules in the US specifically target this compound in cannabis oil. CBD oil contains very little THC and is considered a food supplement, which can be purchased legally.
Cannabidiol oil offers the same health benefits without intoxication or any legal downside that’s often associated with cannabis/THC oil. Below are some of the well-known benefits of CBD oil.
- Pain relief. Many studies and tests have shown that CBD oil is highly effective in reducing chronic pain, surgical incision pain, sciatic nerve pain and inflammation, pain related to multiple sclerosis and arthritis.
- Stress relief. CBD oil can help treat depression, anxiety, insomnia, and anxiety related to post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Treating epilepsy. There are significant scientific evidence supporting CBD oil’s effectiveness in treating epilepsy. In fact, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved Epidiolex, a drug created from CBD oil, to treat epileptic seizures.
- Can reduce cancer-related symptoms. CBD may alleviate pain, nausea, vomiting, and other side effects related to cancer treatment.
- May reduce acne. Recent studies have found that CBD may be safely used to treat acne, thanks to its anti-inflammatory qualities.
- Lower blood pressure. CBD oil has the ability to lower high blood pressure, which is beneficial to your heart health.
Although CBD oil has many health benefits, you should consult with your doctor regarding potential side effects (diarrhea, fatigue, changes in appetite) to ensure your safety.
The Bottom Line
If you are specifically looking to buy cannabis oil, make sure that your state doesn’t have any restrictions.
For health benefit purposes, you won’t find any substantial difference between cannabis and CBD oils, except for a lack of intoxication from CBD due to a lower level of THC content in hemp. If you don’t care about getting high, then hemp-based oil is a perfect option.
Many recent studies have shown evidences of CBD’s effectiveness in treating a number of health issues, including chronic pain, stress, anxiety, acne and high blood pressure.
You can find many products available online from reputable sellers.